Updated at: 2022/04/05
Short Description of the Service
Family Support Program: The aim of this programming is to create/ develop two family support centers for women and girls who are living at the Targeted areas.
Detailed Information of Service
For women and girls who are living at the Targeted areas.
Family support center is :
- A formal or informal place where women and girls feel physically and emotionally safe.
- The key objectives of family support centers to provide an area where women and girls can:
- Socialize and re-build their social networks;
- Receive social support;
- Acquire contextually relevant skills;
- Access safe and non-stigmatizing multi-sectoral GBV response services (psychosocial, legal, medical);
- Receive information on issues relating to women’s rights, health, and ser
In most societies, women have limited space to meet, and public spaces are often inhabited largely by men5. Traditionally, women’s responsibilities include taking care of children, cooking, carrying out household chores, and generally looking after the family. While these roles may change during crisis, where women may find themselves working or becoming the breadwinner, they remain responsible for the household nevertheless in order to provide the space where women and girls can feel physically and emotionally safe , receive the social support and socialize their social Network WPE Herat Provide the below mentioned PSS (Psychosocial Social Activity ) activities to them:
- Literacy and Numeracy Classes
- Confectionary Classes
- Tailoring Classes
- Calligraphy, painting classes
Languages spoken English Dari Pashto
Address: Herat -Mohaberat street-PD3 - Herat city
Opening Hours 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 12:30 PM - 04:30 PM
Mokhaberat Road, Herat, Afghanistan